Moving to a different state and looking for a new vet for your pet friend? Then start a new-vet-shopping right before you start packing. Look for a clinic that will make you and your pet comfortable every time you visit the place. Read these simple pointers I prepared to help you make a confident decision to avoid fake vets in finding the right one:
1. Ask some pet owners about their veterinarians. Recommendations from other pet owners can be a really useful way of finding the right vet.
2. Once you successfully gather up a list of potential vets, check out their website to know more about the clinic and the services it offers. Search for any online reviews about the clinics too.
3. If you have found the best vet you think you like, visit and look around there facility if it’s well-managed and comfortable enough to you and your pet companion. Assess if it’s safe, clean and convenient for your pet friend in case he will need an overnight stay.
4. The vet clinic should comprise of a team with different specializations and skills in animal medicine. If not, make sure that they know someone they can refer in case you need one.
5. Observe the staff and technicians if they treat the animals in the facility right. Do they seem knowledgeable in handling pets? Do they talk and actively interacts with animals they taking good care of?
6. Consider the location of the clinic if it is easily accessible or not. There are some instances where the location isn’t one of the determining factors in choosing the right vet, but when emergencies happen, it is not wise to travel for an extra few miles just to bring your pet on your preferred vet. It is still best to have a vet nearby.
Nowadays, there are so many vet practices to choose from and it is really difficult to decide which one to pick. As for me, South Bellmore Veterinary Group provided all the traits I looked for when it comes to a vet I can depend on. They have been operating since 2003 in Bellmore, Long Island NY and composed of highly-skilled vets and staffs committed to providing the finest pet care available.